If you are already thinking in your next summer vacation, here you have 10 ideas to spend them open water swimming.
1. Lake Sicklasjön (Sweden): training spot for triathletes, this lake is located a few kilometres south of Stockholm.
2. Føns Havbane (Denmark): this bay has a 500m swim, permanently marked with buoys.
3. Gante (Belgium): the Blaarmeersen artificial lake is at the very center of Gante.
4. Konstanz (Germany): with impressive views, lake Konstanz offers an easy and relaxed swim.
5. Llyn Padarn (Wales): of 3,2km long, this lake located at the north of Wales has clean and fresh water, and is surrounded by an amazing natural landscape.
6. Cergy Pond (France): you can swim in open water a few kilometres from Paris.
7. Santorini (Greece): Red Beach, one of its most famous, offers an incredible landscape to enjoy the open water swimming.
8. Setubal (Portugal): located at the south of Lisbon, the beaches of Setubal hosted the pre-olimpic open water swimming competition.
9. Banje Beach (Croatia): turquoise and blue waters, this beach offers a stunning view of the Dubrovnik wall.
10. Blue Lagoon (Malta): this lagoon seems unreal, a small paradise of white sand and turquoise water, where swimming becomes a pleasure.